Sunday, February 19, 2012

Do "Rights" Have to be Free?


Husker Red: Perspectives on Rights

I thought this was well said. I grow weary of hearing people yell about “_____ should be a right!” when what they mean to say is they want something but don’t want to pay for it themselves. That sense of entitlement and lack of fiscal responsibility is part of what is driving this country in a concerning direction. That doesn’t mean that I think anything that costs money to some degree can’t be a right, and I think Huskerred did a good job trying to point out the differences. 
-M
My Tumblr friend and fellow #Politics editor Squashed has written about Conservatives and their views on political rights. His thesis seems to be something along the lines of “Conservatives think that anything which is not free cannot be a right.”
To illustrate his point, he’s provided a…
Source: huskerred

No comments:

Post a Comment